Join Us for Our Chatham County Spring Ag Fest March 24!
Spring Ag Fest
Celebrating Chatham County Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resources
Saturday, March 24, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This is a FREE Event!
Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center
1192 US 64 W Business
Pittsboro, NC 27312
Chatham County invites residents to join us for our first annual Spring Ag Fest at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center (CCACC) on Saturday, March 24, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Drawing from the rich community tradition of Chatham County Farm Bureau’s annual Ag Awareness Day, the Spring Ag Fest evolved from our very successful CCACC Grand Opening Celebration in 2017. Over 1,500 people so enjoyed the exhibits and events that we decided to make it an annual event! Click here to view photos from the Grand Opening Celebration.
The Spring Ag Fest is a celebration of Chatham County’s agriculture, forestry, and natural resources. The event will offer something for everyone: livestock, exhibits, demonstrations, food trucks, and more.
This event is made possible by the collaborative efforts of Chatham County Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Soil & Water, Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center, and the Chatham County Farm Bureau.
We have some exciting events planned at the Livestock Arena:
- 10:20 a.m.: Flag Ceremony at the Livestock Arena
- 10:30 a.m.: North Carolina Horse Council Parade of Breeds
- 11:00 a.m.: 4-H Livestock Exhibition
- 11:30 a.m.: Hunter Jumper Horse Demonstration
- 12:00 p.m.: Break
- 12:30 p.m.: Cutting Horse Demonstration
- 1:00 p.m.: Working Dog Demonstration
- 1:30 p.m.: Barrel Racing Demonstration
Livestock including cattle, horses, sheep, goats, donkeys, poultry, rabbits, and more will be on display for an up-close look. We will have FREE pony rides for kids sponsored by the Chatham County Farm Bureau! Visitors can try their hand at milking a Lilly Den Farm cow!
Indoor and outdoor exhibitors and vendors will highlight local farms, farmers’ markets, sustainable agriculture, agricultural support and advocacy, agribusiness, beekeeping, livestock, forestry, green industry, wildlife, conservation, and much more. Visitors will get to meet Smokey Bear and chat with our local forest rangers.
Join our Family and Consumer Science Agent Phyllis Smith for one of her Cooking Demonstrations in the Teaching Kitchen:
- 11:30 a.m.: New Ways with Chicken
- 1:00 p.m.: Unusual Ways with Common Vegetables
Several Food Trucks will offer tasty options for lunch. Thanks to the generosity of the Chatham County Farm Bureau, the first 800 visitors will receive a $5 food ticket to spend at the food trucks!
- World Kitchen
- Chewy’s Smokin’ BBQ
- Food by H&V
- San Felipe
- Theo’s Pig & Cow
- Maple View Ice Cream
- Jay’s Italian Ice
Indoor and outdoor exhibits will be in several areas throughout the Agriculture & Conference Center site and feature livestock, farm equipment, plants, produce, a firefighting helicopter, informational booths, and much more. A designated outdoor area will feature vendors offering items for sale. We will have something for everyone!
- 4 C Ranch
- A Greener World
- All in Bloom
- Arbor Enterprises
- Au Reult Farm
- Bar T Horsemanship
- Brittenham Farrier Service
- Brooks Compost
- Carolina Casket Makers Collective
- Carolina Custom Cut Portable Sawmill
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
- CCCC Sustainable Agriculture Program
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems
- Chatham Community Food Council
- Chatham Conservation Partnership
- Chatham County Agribusiness Council
- Chatham County Beekeepers’ Association
- Chatham County Extension 4-H Program
- Chatham County Extension Dairy Program
- Chatham County Farm Bureau
- Chatham County Health Department
- Chatham County Schools FFA Chapters
- Chatham County Tax Department – Present Use Value Program
- Chatham County Forestry Service
- Chatham County Historical Association
- Chatham County Livestock Association
- Chatham County Master Gardener Volunteers
- Chatham County Mobile Veterinary Services
- Chatham County Sheriff’s Office
- Chatham County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Chatham County Solid Waste & Recycling
- Chatham County Watershed Protection
- Chatham Community Food Council
- Chatham Marketplace
- Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market
- Country Farm & Home
- Crossroads Ford
- Crystal Glen Alpacas
- Cure Nursery
- Don E Mor Horse Farm
- Fair Game Beverage Co.
- Farm at Penny Lane
- Farm Bureau Insurance
- Farm Friends Rescue
- Farm Service Agency
- Fautras North America, European Equestrian Trailers
- First Acres Beefmasters
- Friends of the Lower Haw River State Natural Area
- Generations Farm
- Go Unmanned Drones
- Green Panda Farms
- Growing Wild Nursery
- Haw River Assembly
- James River Equipment – John Deere
- Lilly Den Farm
- Livestock Conservancy
- Mule City Specialty Feeds
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- NCDA&CS Agronomic Division
- NCDA&CS Mobile Soils Classroom
- NC State Extension Forestry
- NC Wildlife Resources Commission
- North Carolina Horse Council
- North Carolina Industrial Hemp Association
- Paschal’s Pigs
- Piedmont Conservation Council
- Pittsboro Farmers’ Market
- Pittsboro Feed
- Pittsboro Outdoor Power Equipment
- Pittsboro Pet Supply
- Pittsboro Police
- Polaris Equine Mobile Veterinary Clinic
- Rocky River Heritage Foundation
- Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI-USA)
- Rural Development
- Sandy Creek Boer Farm
- Solstice Herb Farm
- Somethin’ ’bout a Farm
- Southern States Siler City
- Stihl, Inc.
- Tick Warriors
- Tower Garden by Juice Plus
- Tractor Supply
- Triangle Land Conservancy
- Wright Brothers’ Landscaping & Tree Service
- Young Farmers & Ranchers
The event is free and open to the public.
If you are interested in being an exhibitor or vendor around the theme of agriculture, forestry, or natural resources, email Debbie Roos for more information.
The CCACC houses the offices of Chatham County Cooperative Extension, Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Soil and Water Conservation, and the Forest Service.
The event facilities provide year-round meeting and workshop space for agriculture, horticulture, forestry, natural resources, family and consumer science, and youth programs. However, the CCACC is available for rental by organizations and individuals for all types of events, including conventions, trade shows, weddings, workshops and banquets. It is the largest flexible meeting space in the county.
The CCACC is one mile west of the traffic circle at 1192 US 64 W Business in Pittsboro.