Spring Ag Fest is CANCELED
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The Chatham County Spring Ag Fest that was scheduled for March 28, 2020, at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center has been CANCELED. This decision has been made out of an abundance of caution given public concerns about the coronavirus and our desire to safeguard our community members. We do advocate that individuals follow precautions set forth by local, state, and federal health officials to protect their health and that of those around them.
For additional information, please visit the Chatham County Coronavirus Resource Page.
We look forward to seeing you at our 2021 Spring Ag Fest!
Spring Ag Fest
Celebrating Chatham County Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resources
Saturday, March 28, 2020
10 a.m.–4 p.m.
This is a FREE Event!
Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center
1192 US 64 W Business
Pittsboro, NC 27312N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center
Table of Contents (click on each section for details)
- About the Event
- Livestock Arena Event Schedule
- 4-H Kids’ Zone Event Schedule
- Smokehouse Preservation Project Open House
- Food Trucks & Vendors
- Exhibitors and Vendors
- Food Drive Benefiting CORA Food Pantry
- Ag Fest Selfie Challenge
- Contact Information
About the Event
Chatham County invites residents to join us for our 3rd annual Spring Ag Fest at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center (CCACC) on Saturday, March 28, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Spring Ag Fest is a celebration of Chatham County’s agriculture, forestry, and natural resources. The event will offer something for everyone: livestock, exhibits, demonstrations, food trucks, and more.
This event is made possible by the collaborative efforts of the Chatham County Center of N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center, Chatham County Farm Bureau, Chatham County Government, Chatham County Soil & Water, Farm Service Agency, and the NC Forest Service.
Thanks also to our community supporters:
- Carolina Stockyards
- Carolina Stockyards Restaurant
- Chatham County Livestock Association
- Claudia Austin
- Country Farm & Home
- Generations Farm
- Southern States of Siler City
The Spring Ag Fest is free and open to the public.
View a slideshow featuring over 100 photos from the 2019 Spring Ag Fest. (Click on the first photo then click on the icon in the bottom right of the screen if you want to enlarge the photo.)
View a short video of the 2019 Spring Ag Fest by Yanasa Ama Ranch.
Below are a few photos from our 2019 Spring Ag Fest.
Livestock Arena Event Schedule
- 10:20 a.m.: Welcome and Flag Ceremony
- 10:30 a.m.: North Carolina Horse Council Parade of Breeds
- 11:00 a.m.: Friesian Horse Demonstration: Patilla Llamas
- 11:30 a.m.: Barrel Racing Demonstration: Kaci Isley
- Noon: Break
- 12:30 p.m.: Sheep & Goats Parade of Breeds: Chatham County 4-H
- 1:00 p.m.: Cattle Parade of Breeds: Chatham County 4-H
- 2:30 p.m.: Roman Riding Demonstration: Willow Griffith, Brock Griffith Horsemanship
- 3:00 p.m.: Mustang Horse Demonstration: Brock Griffith, Brock Griffith Horsemanship
Rodeo entertainer Keith Isley will amuse the crowd in between events at the Livestock Arena!
4-H Kids’ Zone Schedule
10:30 a.m. – What is 4-H?—Come Learn about Chatham County 4-H!
11 a.m. – Ready, Set, Grow! Agricultural Magic Show sponsored by Mountaire
12:30 p.m. – Farm Bingo
1 p.m. – Friends of the Lower Haw Activity
1:30 p.m. – What is 4-H?—Come Learn about Chatham County 4-H!
2 p.m. – Ready, Set, Grow! Agricultural Magic Show sponsored by Mountaire
2:30 p.m. – Jeopardy – Ag Literacy
3 p.m. – Ready, Set, Grow! Agricultural Magic Show sponsored by Mountaire
On-going Activities at the 4-H Kids’ Zone
- Backyard Bass with the NC Wildlife Resources Commission
- Pollinators with Liz Driscoll, 4-H Extension Specialist
- Poultry Fun with Dr. Mary Fosnaught, 4-H Extension Specialist
- All About Dairy – Virtual Reality Dairy Farm Tours/Color Sheets
- Gardening Station
- Ag Photo Booth
- Tractor Fun with Sand and Corn
Smokehouse Preservation Project Open House
At 10 a.m. start your Ag Fest experience by visiting the restored smokehouse in the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center (CCACC) courtyard. The Smokehouse was restored by the Chatham County Historical Association and now stands just a few yards from its original historic location on the CCACC property. Learn about the early Chatham homestead it was on, and how meat was smoke-cured when the building was in use.
Food Trucks & Vendors
Several Food Trucks will offer tasty options for lunch. Thanks to the generosity of the Chatham County Farm Bureau, the first 800 visitors will receive a $5 food ticket to spend at the food trucks!
- Food by H&V
- San Felipe
- Gettin’ Sauced in the City
- Wired Cafe Coffee Bus
- Maple View Ice Cream
- Kona Ice Kabana
- Ma and Pa’s Kettle Corn
- Solid Rock on Missions
- Mr. Mongolian BBQ
- Mr. Cheesesteak
- Wildfire Pizza
- Angelina’s Kitchen
Exhibitors & Vendors
Livestock including cattle, horses, alpacas, sheep, goats, donkeys, poultry, rabbits, and more will be on display for an up-close look. We will have FREE pony rides for kids sponsored by the Chatham County Farm Bureau! Visitors can try their hand at milking a Lilly Den Farm cow!
Indoor and outdoor exhibitors and vendors will highlight local farms, farmers’ markets, sustainable agriculture, agricultural support and advocacy, agribusiness, beekeeping, livestock, forestry, green industry, wildlife, conservation, and much more. Visitors will get to meet Smokey Bear and chat with our local forest rangers.
- 3H Equine Hospital and Mobile Veterinary Services
- Action Packer Outdoors
- A Greener World
- Aldergrove Caskets
- Always Faithful Ranch
- Arbor Enterprises
- Avillion Farm
- Barn Quilts by Betty Jean
- Bar T Horsemanship
- Benchmark Tool & Supply
- Blawesome, LLC
- Carolina Custom Cut Portable Sawmill
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems
- Central Carolina Antique Power Equipment
- Chatham Central FFA
- Chatham Chatlist
- Chatham County 4-H Program
- Chatham County Agribusiness Council
- Chatham County Beekeepers’ Association
- Chatham County Emergency Operations
- Chatham County Farm Bureau
- Chatham County Farm Bureau Insurance
- Chatham County Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers
- Chatham County Health Department
- Chatham County Historical Association
- Chatham County Livestock Association
- Chatham County Mobile Veterinary Services
- Chatham County Sheriff’s Office
- Chatham County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Chatham County Solid Waste & Recycling
- Chatham County Watershed Protection
- Chatham Marketplace
- Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market
- Clapp Tractor & Implement
- CLAWS, Inc.
- Clean Water Education Partnership
- Country Farm & Home
- Crystal Glen Alpacas
- Cure Nursery
- Don E Mor Horse Farm
- Eastern Brahman Breeders Association
- Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers of Chatham County
- Farm Service Agency
- Fearrington Farmers’ Market
- Friends of the Chatham County Library
- Friends of the Lower Haw River State Natural Area
- Go Unmanned
- Grand Trees of Chatham
- Growing Wild Nursery
- Gum Springs Garage – Stihl, Inc.
- Hadley Mill Farm
- Happy Roots
- Haw River Assembly
- James River Equipment – John Deere
- Land Loss Prevention Project
- Lilly Den Farm
- N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Agronomic Division
- NC Soybean Producers Association
- NC State Extension Forestry
- New Hope Audubon Society
- New Horizons West
- New Vision Hemp Farm
- North Carolina Forest Service
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- Northwood High School FFA
- Painted Pastures
- Piedmont Conservation Council
- Pittsboro Landscape Supply
- Pittsboro Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Pittsboro Police
- Polaris Equine Mobile Veterinary Clinic
- Rabbit Patch Baskets
- Rocky River Heritage Foundation
- Sandy Creek Boer and New Zealand Farm
- Silk Hope Junior Dairy Show
- Silver Dawn Carriages
- Solstice Herb Farm
- Somethin’ ’bout a Farm
- Sustainable Agriculture at CCCC
- Tick-borne Conditions United
- Tick Warriors
- Tower Garden
- Triangle Land Conservancy
- Twelve Oaks Farm
- Twin Birch Products
- Usborne Books & More
- USDA Rural Development
- Woodland Farm Oxen
- Wright Brothers’ Landscaping & Tree Service
Food Drive Benefiting CORA Food Pantry
Ag Fest visitors are encouraged to bring two non-perishable food items to the Ag Fest to benefit the CORA Food Pantry. Look for the CORA table at the front entrance to the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center, next to the circle in front of the building between the flag poles. Everyone who brings food items will receive a ticket to enter into a drawing to win a $100 VISA gift card donated by Generations Farm.
Ag Fest Selfie Challenge
Post your selfie to social media and tag #chathamagfest for a chance to win a prize! Take a selfie with Smokey Bear, a farmer, a farm animal, a tractor, a food truck, in the demo garden, at the 4-H Kids’ Zone, and more!
We will have overflow parking at two locations, each with free shuttle service to the Ag Fest at the CCACC:
- Central Carolina Community College next door to the Agriculture & Conference Center
- Chatham County Annex/Justice Center on E. Chatham St. downtown
More details on parking options will be released in March!
For general information about the Spring Ag Fest, contact Debbie Roos or Larilee Isley.
The CCACC houses the offices of N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center, Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Soil and Water Conservation, and the Forest Service.
The event facilities provide year-round meeting and workshop space for agriculture, horticulture, forestry, natural resources, family and consumer science, and youth programs. However, the CCACC is available for rental by organizations and individuals for all types of events, including conventions, trade shows, weddings, workshops, and banquets. It is the largest flexible meeting space in the county.
The CCACC is one mile west of the traffic circle at 1192 US 64 W Business in Pittsboro.
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity and prohibit discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, genetic information, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sexual identity (including pregnancy), and veteran status. NC State, N.C. A&T, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments cooperating.