Survey for Chatham County Farmers and Others Involved in Agriculture & Forestry
Chatham County is developing a Comprehensive Plan to guide the growth and development of the county over the next 20 years. During the initial phase of the plan it became evident that providing support for agriculture was a priority. A survey was developed to gather feedback from farmers and representatives from the agricultural industry to inform the development of the Chatham County Comprehensive Plan.
Who should complete the survey?
- Chatham County farmers (livestock, poultry, field crops, vegetables, fruits, cut flowers, greenhouse food production, etc. – for wholesale and local markets, conventional and organic)
- Chatham County ornamental horticulture operations (nurseries, greenhouses, Christmas tree farms, etc.)
- Chatham County horse owners (boarding, training, breeding, etc.)
- Chatham County hobby farmers (farming is not a major source of income–do not submit a schedule F, i.e., own a few horses)
- Chatham County agricultural product processors (slaughter facility, meat processing, winery, etc.)
- Chatham County agribusinesses (feed, equipment, supplies)
- Chatham County forest landowners
Please complete the survey by Monday, November 28.
For more information on the Comprehensive Plan: