Photos From Pawpaw Orchard Show & Tell
Photos by Debbie Roos, Agricultural Extension Agent.
These photos are from Chatham County Cooperative Extension’s Pawpaw Orchard Show & Tell held on September 8, 2014 at Full of Life Farms outside of Pittsboro. Grower Wynn Dinnsen grows over 250 pawpaw trees and evaluates them for flavor and favorable seed-to-pulp ratio. Pawpaws (Asimina triloba) are our largest native fruits and are tasty, nutritious, and easy to grow. Wynn sells pawpaw fruit and pulp to several local restaurants and breweries.
Click on each photo to view a larger image.
Wynn sells pawpaw trees through Country Farm & Home Supply in Pittsboro so farmers and gardeners can grow their own!
For more information about pawpaw production:
- North Carolina Pawpaw Festival
- Organic Production of Pawpaw – Kentucky State University
- Forest Production of Pawpaw – Kentucky State University
- Pawpaw Planting Guide – Kentucky State University
- Pawpaw Growing Information – Kentucky State University
- Specialty Crop Profile: Pawpaw – Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Pawpaw: a Tropical Fruit for Temperate Climates – ATTRA