Compiled by Debbie Roos, Agricultural Extension Agent.
Books and Publications
- Growing for Market (trade publication for market growers)
- The New Farmers’ Market: Farm Fresh Ideas for Producers, Managers, and Communities, by Vance Corum, Marcie Rosenzweig, and Eric Gibson
- Sell What You Sow: the Grower’s Guide to Successful Produce Marketing, by Eric Gibson
- Sharing the Harvest: a Guide to Community Supported Agriculture, by Elizabeth Henderson
- Farms of Tomorrow Revisited: Community Supported Farms, Farm Supported Communities, by Trauger Groh and Steven McFadden
- Local Harvest: a Multifarm CSA Handbook, by Scott Franzblau and Jill Perry
- Whole-Farm Planning: Ecological Imperatives, Personal Values and Economics, by Elizabeth Henderson and Karl North; order from NOFA-New York.
- From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh, Seasonal Produce, by the Madison Area CSA Coalition (MACSAC).
Direct Marketing Supplies
- A-Roo Company
305-463-7011; Miami, FL
floral packaging, including sleeves and bags
- Action Bag Company
888-715-3458; Kingwood, TX
polybags, tissue paper, cellophane wrap, etc.
800-543-4454; Milford, OH
re-usable plastic containers for harvest or packaging
- Central Carolina Scales
919-776-7737; Sanford, NC
This document is a partial list of resources for growers and does not imply endorsement by North Carolina State University, North Carolina A&T State University, or North Carolina Cooperative Extension of any of the companies, products, or organizations listed.