Register Now for Extension’s Weed Management for Forest Landowners Workshop
The Chatham County Center of North Carolina Cooperative Extension will offer a Weed Management for Forest Landowners Workshop as part of its Enhancing Sustainability Series on Thursday July 26 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center in Pittsboro.
Hand Applied Herbicides and Uses for Forestry
Cogongrass ID and Control
- Presenter: Colby Lambert, ASA – Forestry, NC Cooperative Extension
- Learn about effective methods for using hand-applied herbicides for forest stewardship, wildlife habitat improvement, and invasive species control
- Learn about an important invasive species, cogongrass, how to identify and control this species and the effects on the forest ecosystem
Herbicide Prescriptions for Southern Pines and Hardwoods
- Presenter: Jeff Tapley, Crop Production Services
- Learn about effective herbicide prescriptions for loblolly and longleaf pine and hardwoods
- Learn about the combination of herbicides for effective site preparation and weed control (herbaceous and woody) for pines and hardwoods
This workshop will provide 2 continuing certification credits for private and commercial pesticide applicators in classes G, N, D, and X.
This workshop has also been approved for Society of American Foresters 2 hours Category 1 CFE credits.
Advance registration is required for this workshop. The deadline to register is July 20. The cost of the workshop is $10. Call 919-542-8244 or email Debbie Roos for more information.