Pastured Egg Production Field Day
North Carolina State University and North Carolina Cooperative Extension will conduct a Pastured Egg Production Field Day from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 24 at the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) in Goldsboro, NC.
- Paddock Stocking Density and Egg Safety Impacts
- Integrated: From Meat to Eggs and Back Again
- Nutrition: What Can I Feed the Chickens that I Can Raise Myself?
- Processing: Home Processing and Regulations
- Biosecurity: Why Is it Important to Small Producers?
- Small Flocks: Fencing and Predator Prevention
- Tour of Small Farm Organic Unit
Cost of the field day is $35 and includes lunch. The registration deadline is September 10.
Click here to download a registration form. Checks must be mailed along with the form and received by September 10.
Questions? Contact Ken Anderson for more information.